Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine’s Day

Well, time sure flies and how things have changed over one short year. Last year this time, I was nervously wondering when I should propose to Sandy (I ended up proposing about one week later, Feb. 20th last year, Sandy has trouble remembering this date, maybe because I didn't exactly do anything fancy with the proposal, hehe). Anyhow, it's amazing that in one year, we got married and this time, we’re busy planning to usher a new life into the world.

As there will be no proposal dilemma this year so I can just focus on giving Sandy all the best! Actually, not much is planned, I’d say our bond has grown so much that I’m going to risk a Ho Hum Valentine’s Day! Not really doing anything mostly because I’m not exactly Mr. Romantic but also in small part because Sandy really hasn’t been feeling well at all lately. Would be bad to drag her out and make her suffer through a 3 hour dinner :P

Anyways, it’s not so much the gift, or the fancy food, and what not as they are all just superficial. They’re what marketers work on to try and make us feel is a necessary part of the ritual. However, this is a day to show that you appreciate all the little things your significant other does for you and how much they mean to you, in case you have not been doing that on a regular/everyday basis.. (hmm.. maybe I should do something after all?)

Anyhow, I did get Sandy a GPS device, which she thought might be useful, but it might be too practical to be considered a Valentine’s Day gift, besides, it won't arrive for another day or two. And Sandy got me a free burrito from Chipotle with her receipt. http://www.chipotle.com/email/08-all-001.htm

Used it, and it was yummy! Hehe, actually, we basically told each other we don’t need anything special other than each other so hopefully, she is not going to surprise me with anything and make me feel like a total slacker!

2 Comments:

Shu-Han Chen said...

your wife has very low expectations of you ...

I, on the other hand, have very high expectations of Joe - which is why, instead of flowers and lavish gifts, I get a hand-made Valentine card (free of charge, courtesy of Yahoo) every year XD

Sally said...

aw that means so much more shu-han!

"we basically told each other we don’t need anything special other than each other"..aw that's so sweet! happy valentine's day. =)