Monday, January 28, 2008

I am really pregnant with all the symptoms I am having...

If I never go to Walgreens to pick up the animal cracker because it was on sale, and one can't find it in Safeway or Luckys, I won't end up picking up the home pregnancy test kit on January 3rd, 2008. I simply bought it just because it was on sale, and I thought one day I might need it.

I guess I will not find out that I am pregnant until this week or last week as my period comes irregularly, and it is hard to say that I miss a period because it always comes late. I should say it comes semi-quarterly, haha...On January 11th, John urges me to do the pregnancy test when my period was about 5 days late, which was no big deal because it has always been that way. I told him there is no way that I am pregnant before I did the test. After I did the test, John was so excited that he wanted to put the pee strip into the cup himself. Anyways, we both watched the signs to turn into a plus sign, which means Pregnant!! We were surprised but happy! I immediately went Kaiser the next day and did the pregnancy test, and the result came back in 24 hours confirmed that I am pregnant on January 13th! Wow, I can't believe that it is really happening. I should say it is the best gift ever for myself (my birthday is January 14th).

A few days after that or maybe one week after that, I feel different than the normal days. I get tired easily at work even though I had 8 hours sleep, and I feel nausea around noon time. I also get leg cramp around noon time so I guess I am having noon time sickness instead of morning sickness. I find myself feel hungry more often, and I start to like bananas and cereals, which are not really my favorites before. And my all time favorite food such as broccoli, apple, and oranges seem to give me no appetite at all. For some reasons, I don't like to cook anymore because certain smell makes me feel sick. Before I was pregnant, the kind of book I read the most is recipes!!

I am greatful that I haven't started throwing up or really felt ill. I just don't feel that I am at my best condition, but luckily these symptoms don't last all day long. I wish I can speed up the first trimester!!

Mom and Dad, thanks for all the support and care so far, we can't wait to see you!! John, thanks for being considerate about me not wanting to cook and being tentative about my strange "cravings." I will try not to grow these cravings to something too fancy =P But you know, little wuster might be the one driving me for these cravings =P

3 Comments:

JW said...

yeah, entry #2 for Sandy.. Actually, she's been a super tough trooper not really complaining about anything at all regarding her pregnancy. So far, the only thing I've had to go out and buy is some ShengKee white bread :) I'm actually looking forward to some midnight runs to the grocery store or burger joint.. But maybe Sandy will have a pretty easy time with the pregnancy and won't need those.. We'll just have to see :)

alice said...

Congratulations for Sandy gets her CPA licence. I went to Taipei this morning and when I am back home and I find 3 articles in the little wuster's blogger. What a good year for the family! We are very happy.

Sally said...

aw don't feel lonely john. sandy loves you! =P

congrats sandy! i know you've been waiting for your CPA license for a long time! =) very proud of you. also, good job for finally having your own blog. good job john for getting sandy started. =P